Groundshire, a completely independent company, began operating in 1978, and has been considered a specialist in the treatment of old mine workings for over 35 years. Well equipped in terms of plant and machinery; well equipped in terms of experience and expertise. Contracts in excess of £2.50m value have been successfully carried out, but at the other extreme no job is too small.
The company operates a large fleet of rotary hydraulic track mounted drilling rigs and specialised rigs, for example designed for drilling at a height without the need for scaffolding or work inside buildings. The rigs can drill holes at any angle through almost any materials with hole diameters ranging between 20mm and 250mm to depths in excess of 300m at 100mm diameter.
Pressure grouting equipment consists of company designed and manufactured colloidal mixers of various sizes used in conjunction with double acting diaphragm or piston pumps.
This range of plant, manned by an experienced work force allows a wide range of contracts to fall well within Groundshire’s capability.
Machinery is serviced by experienced fitters and the plant department is well equipped to design and construct special items for non-standard work. The company operates its own Quality Assurance Scheme and safety is at the forefront of all contracts.
Our specialisms include;
- Treatment of coal, sandstone, ironstone, lead, chalk and fireclay workings by drilling and grouting.
- Bulk infilling of open voided workings with PFA/Cement/Sand/Gravel and Stone.
- Drilling and grouting of collapsed workings with PFA/Cement, including various additives such as anti-washout, polymers and fast/slow set.
- Treatment of abandoned mine shafts, by drilling, grouting and capping.
- Formation of infill cut off/curtain walls by installation of materials from the surface through cased boreholes including sand, gravel, stone, concrete and grout.
- Permeation and consolidation grouting of harbour walls.